Downtown Vision is hosting an open house Thursday, September 17th from 6 – 7:30pm to allow artists an opportunity to view 10 potential available spaces. I posted about this opportunity earlier in Downtown Vision Opens Unused Downtown Locations for Jacksonville Artists.
Downtown Vision’s office is located at 214 N. Hogan Street, at the corner of Adams and Hogan Streets, caddy corner from the Zodiac Grill. Show up any time between 5:45 pm and 7:15pm and grab a map and additional information on the open spaces. Most are within walking distance and parking meters are free after 6pm. Bring a portfolio sample or bio to share with building reps.
Spaces currently available to tour
- 227 Hogan Street (near Hogan and Monroe Street) third floor – approximately 9,000 sq ft – owner is currently asking $1,000 a month to cover electricity for the space.
- 15 West Adams Street (next to Chew). Owner is currently asking approximately $400 for electricity.
- 205 North Laura Street (near Adams Street) – 856 sq ft available for lease. Owner’s representative will be on site.
- 207 North Laura Street – 1,287 sq ft on second floor for lease and 1,842 sq ft on third floor for lease. Again owner’s representative will be on hand.
- 11 East Forsyth Street – Vacant retail space on Main Street. Great street visibility. Artist expected to pay for electricity – estimated at approximately $300 a month.
- 2 Independent Drive – The Landing – approximately 4 spaces ranging in size from 600 sq ft to 3,000 sq ft. Owner is asking artist to cover the electric bill.
- The Next Gallery – opening October 7, 2009 will be available to tour at 203 North Laura Street.
Don’t feel limited to these spaces. If you see a space you like, work with Downtown Vision to build a relationship[ with the owner, or contact the owner on your own.
Downtown Vision’s role is not to manage every aspect of the relationship between the owner and the artist. Rather, our goal is to help facilitate introductions, help connect people, and convince property owners to consider working with artists.